The First Out of Spain Travel

I genuinely think that time moves faster here than in the U.S. I feel like I blinked and now it has almost been a full month. It simultaneously feels as though we just arrived and have been here for so long. My classes here basically consist of taking four different Spanish classes all in one class in one semester, if that makes any sense at all. I have one class for three and a half hours a day four days a week and so far I have completed one whole section! (Completed one section or class that would normally take a semester.) Classes are going great and I really love my teacher. On Monday I am going to visit a school to help teach English which is amazing and will definitely help me in my future teaching career. I am also looking forward to joining more intercambios and meeting more locals.
Last weekend I went to Paris with my two friends Maddie and Adri. Two of our friends went the week before so they gave us a list of what they saw/did and warned us about the riots that are happening there. Luckily, we did not run into any riots. When we arrived on Thursday night we took a fake Uber (he told us he was an Uber driver but we are pretty sure he just hangs out in the airport and drives people to make money without actually being affiliated with the Uber company), a little creepy looking back but we made it safely to our hotel. After checking in, we found a restaurant and ordered off a special Valentine's day menu. It was pretty expensive, but we had three courses and one of the best desserts I have ever eaten. Friday we took the metro to the Eiffel Tower and then a Hop-on/Hop-off bus tour to see the rest of the city. We got into the Louvre for free with our visas and saw the Mona Lisa, honestly a little underwhelming after seeing some of the other beautiful exhibits. We took all the usual tourist pictures and saw the main sites. Friday night we ate sushi, that is right folks sushi in Paris because that is what fit in our budget after Thursday's dinner. Saturday we went to Disneyland Paris!!!! The tickets were a lot cheaper than the tickets for Disney in California or Florida. Maddie and Adri have been to Disney multiple times, but it was only my second. The lines for rides were pretty long but we had a really good time and I was excited because we could go into the castle (in Florida you have to pay). Sunday we walked along the streets near our hotel and saw street performers. Maddie and I danced along with other couples who actually knew how to dance and we laughed the whole time. We ate crepes (with eggs and cheese and lettuce), and then I got a sugar lemon crepe that was to die for. We also got bubble, or boba, tea all three days we were there. We decided to take the metro to go back to the airport and that was a bit of a hassle because we missed a stop and had to go back, one train should've taken us all the way there but was detoured due to demonstrations, and we arrived at the airport 2 1/2 hours before our flight which was apparently too early to check in. After all that the airplane was very warm and the guy next to me felt sick, so needless to say it was a struggle but we made it back to Sevilla.
This week has been a little more relaxing and we have spent time just hanging out. Yesterday was Maddie's birthday so we went to a rooftop bar to celebrate. Tomorrow we are visiting Rhonda as a group and the next weekend I am going to Madrid to see Bastille in concert with my friend Audrey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One

My Trip to Madrid and Volunteering

Enjoying a Relaxing Weekend in Sevilla